There’s no doubt about it: travel can be romantic regardless of your age.
And here’s some of our favourite romantic destinations:
1.Venice, Italy – if romance has an ideal backdrop, this is it. Venice seems to emit a romantic energy. No wonder it is known as the City of Honeymoons.
2. ‘El Maresme’, Catalunya – the dreamy coastline north of Barcelona.
3. Florence, Italy – a living, breathing marvel
4. Gower, Wales – a magical, mystical place. Wander among the castles and standing stones and feel the presence of the great romantic writers.
5. Paris, France – synonymous with romance.
6. Scotland – land of wonders
7. Sorrento/Amalfi Coast, Italy – an amazing part of the planet
8. The Swiss Alps – stunning alpine scenery, romantic islands and sweeping lakes.
9. Rome, Italy – sights like the Trevi Fountain will live in your soul forever.
10. The heart of grand old London – romantic in a special way.
11. Dock of the bay, Copenhagen, Denmark – who could fail to love this romantic city and its wonderful people.
12.The Cornish coastline, UK – lose yourself amid rugged beauty, whitewashed villages and glittering streams.
13. Waterside New York City – serenity amid the excitement of one of world’s great cities.
14. Isle of Capri, Italy – this beautiful place is not one of the world’s great honeymoon destinations for nothing.
15. Legendary Pacific Coast, Australia – sunset over Alstonville Cottages, New South Wales.
16. Horse and carriage ride, Vienna, Austria – a romantic way to see the historic heart of a lovely city
17. Prague, Czech Republic – a romantic city steeped in history
18. Utah’s national parks, US – the Coyote Buttes
19. Denham, Buckinghamshire, UK – a romantic village of intense colours
20. Niagara Falls, US – the ideal place to elope.
21. Gold Hill, Shaftsbury, Dorset, UK – one of the world’s great romantic scenes
22. The Great Ocean Road, Australia – the romantic lure of nature